Website Iowa State University Extension and Outreach - Emmet County
The Summer Youth Assistant will be responsible for assisting or leading 4-H & Youth Activities in Emmet County. This individual must be reliable, detail oriented, problem solver, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as part of teams of staff and volunteers. This individual will support in the organization, preparation, and implementation of summer camps. They will also play a key role in assisting staff with county fair activities.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Thursday (may include some nights or weekends)
Time Frame: Approximately 12 weeks of employment: Mid May through mid August 2024
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year of college education by May 2024
- Must have a valid driver’s license and available transportation
- In accordance with ISU Extension Child Protection and Safety Policy, a criminal record check will be completed by First Advantage Background Screening Series on the applicant selected for this position. Candidate must successfully pass this background screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication including phone and computer skills (Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, and publisher)
- 4-H experience or experience working with youth
- Effective organizational and time management
- ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects
- self motivated and enthusiastic
For more details and a full job description w/ application, please visit: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/emmet/we-are-hiring-summer-jobs
For questions or to submit a cover letter, resume, and application, please contact: Katelyn Herzberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com